In theory, white teas are the easiest to make - just wither and dry! But the secret to good white tea holds a lot more than meets the eye-it depends where and when the leaves have grown and how exactly is the process made. For example, only the most delicate part of the tea bush is plucked, a bud and one leaf, making it a very resource demanding and thorough job.
The 2019 spring flush white teas are sweet and mild, great for drinking both hot and iced!
This summer white tea, withered under the sun, feels like summer days in Imereti, Georgia - sweet, smooth and full of light summer aromas. The delicate sweet flavours and its silky feeling are captivating. Since the teas have been withered under the sun, then the appearance and also flavours are a little different for each batch. Try to use different temperatures for brewing to bring out the many faces of this tea.
Price per cup: 0,9 EUR and that's with just one steep ;)
All Renegade Tea Estate teas are grown under the Georgian sun, chemical-free and without any concentrated fertilizers. All of the harvests are done by hand- people from nearby villages plucking only the finest leaves. All of the teas we sell are produced in our own small factory by either Tomas or Hannes, experimenting with different recipes, trying our best to bring out the greatest tastes of Georgian tea.
- International shipping - DHL Express - delivery time 2-5 business days
- International shipping - National Post - delivery time 10-20 business days*
- European Union - DHL Express - delivery time 2-3 business days
- European Union - National Post - delivery time 7-10 business days*
- Estonia - Omniva or SmartPost parcel locker - delivery time 2-3 business days
- Latvia - DPD parcel locker - delivery time 3-4 business days
- Lithuania - DPD parcel locker - delivery time 3-4 business days
- Finland - SmartPost parcel locker - delivery time 3-4 business days
- Georgia - Georgian Post - delivery time 2-3 business days
NB! The exact delivery rate will be calculated in the shopping cart according to the exact delivery zone and the size of the delivery.
*Delivery time can be longer due the COVID-19 impact to the postal services around the world.
For orders over 50 Euros, the shipping is for free!
White tea is something that, similarly to oolong tea, you don't really find in Georgia. As the traditional tea is black tea, then the soft, mild taste of white is not something that would be popular among locals. But we believe that Renegade Tea Estate plantations with its mixture of cultivars make a great basis to experiment with different kind of white teas- traditional spring whites and also not so ordinary summer batches. Our tea fields that have been chemical-free for nearly 30 years are ideal for delicate, pure tastes that white teas hold.