Yes! We ship to most countries in the world! :)
2. Why do you offer only adoptions and not single packages?
We are a small farm with a small team and we can’t do everything. We like to put our focus on growing and producing tea and communicating with our customers. We don’t see a lot of value in just selling tea, bag after bag, with one campaign after another.
We also believe that this way we can work more Earth-Friendly. Producing tea to order, using bigger bags etc and having a couple of bigger shipments, instead of sending small parcels every day, helps us to reduce waste.
We will continue to sell different taster sets and gift sets also in the future. See the full selection here. We will also cooperate with selected tea shops in different countries, where a limited selection of our teas will be available.
3. If I make adoption, when do I get the tea from my garden?
The teas will be sent each autumn, in November once the production season is over and all teas are produced. If you make adoption for 2024 season, teas will be shipped in November 2024.
4. Is the tea I receive really produced from the leaves harvested from my garden?
Yes and no. It is likely that at least some leaves from your garden will end up in your cup. But we do not produce all teas from all plots. Some plantations and plots are giving us leaf that is more suitable for black tea, others for oolong etc. Mainly, your garden is there to symbolise your commitment and that you have chosen us to be your tea farmers.
5. How much tea do I will get.
You can choose the quantity of tea that you receive when making the adoption. The minimum size of a tea garden is 20 square meters and it corresponds to 600 g of tea (4x150g). Each additional 150 g of tea adds 5 square meters to your garden.
6. Can I cancel the adoption?
Yes, adoptions with a yearly payment plan can be cancelled any time. However, if you have already made the payment for the next season, it will be not refunded and the subscription is cancelled after the tea is delivered.
Adoptions with monthly payments can be cancelled after the first 12 months have passed. The teas will be delivered for every 12 months of payments. For example, if you cancel at 15 months, you will receive teas for the paid 12 months. Additional 3 months of payment will not be refunded.
7. Can I renew my adoption?
Adoptions will auto-renew unless cancelled. If you don’t want to renew a subscription then you can cancel it before the renewal date.
8. If I take the monthly payments, when am I charged?
You will be charged on the 15th of every month.
9. If I take the yearly payments, when am I charged?
You will be charged on the same day every year as you made your original order.
10. Where can I see my adoption details?
You can see your adoption details when you log in to your account. You will also receive a link with the adoption confirmation.
11. When will I get my package?
For tea garden adoptions, the teas will be sent after the end of each season, usually in November.
For one time purchases, the following times apply:
- Estonia, Lithuania, Georgia - usually 2-3 business days;
- EU countries - usually up to 2 weeks;
- Countries outside the EU - in most cases 10-20 business days with the national post.
There might be some delays during peak seasons due to longer transport times with the transport company.
12. How much is the shipping fee?
The exact delivery rate will be calculated in the shopping cart according to the exact delivery zone and the size of the delivery.
Free shipping applies to the following cart sizes:
- Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania - purchases over 50 Euros.
- European Union & Switzerland, Norway and the United Kingdom - purchases over 100 Euros.
- All other countries - purchases over 120 Euros.
- Shipping is also free for the regular tea garden adoptions.
13. The prices are in Euros. if I buy from a country with a different currency, how much do I have to pay extra?
The currency exchange fee is presented when you make the payment via Paypal. This can be also removed and then the exchange rate will be set by your home bank.
14. Do I have to pay anything extra for customs when the parcel arrives?
We ship all of the packages from Estonia (EU), so if your shipping address is in the EU, then you don't need to pay anything extra for the customs. If you live outside of the EU, then your local import and customs laws apply.
15. Why do you send from Estonia?
We send from Estonia, so people buying in the EU would not have to deal with customs clearance themselves. Also, shipping from Estonia would be faster and cheaper to most destinations. And we also live in Estonia during the winter, so it’s easier to send from here.
16. Can I visit you?
Yes, you are more than welcome to come and see our plantations and us :) Visiting information can be found here.
17. Do you have organic certification?
Yes, we are an organic certified tea farm. And don't forget that our plantations had been abandoned for 30 years before we started working on them, so the tea is as organic as it gets :)
18. Can I send my purchase as a gift to someone?
Yes, absolutely! We think tea is a great gift! Just leave a comment in the cart view and for the shipping address put the address of the gift receiver.
If there is something else you would like to know, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook.