A fresh and light white tea, to release its full character it demands a bit longer steeping time. The aroma is fresh and vegetal, with notes of citrus. You can easily use the same leaves for 3-4 brews to enjoy the...
This summer white tea feels like summer days in Imereti, Georgia - sweet, smooth and full of light summer aromas. The tea has been withered for more than 24 hours which brings out the sweetness and tropical flavours. Its fruity...
Tulip Garden's recipe got an upgrade this year - we tweaked the process to make it more floral and complex and we think we succeeded :) It now has a fresh and floral taste with a nice touch of astringency at...
This green tea is a true renegade. We took a bit different approach on this one by letting it wither overnight which resulted in quite an interesting green tea in our selection. It has a nutty, a bit roasted aroma...
Viridi Veritas which means “green truth” in Latin, deserves its name fully. It took us some time but we finally managed to make a green tea that actually looks green as well! The secret to it? Hand-rolling! The taste is...
The mildest version of our green teas. It’s perfect for all the tea lovers who tend to forget the leaves to steep for too long. The taste is fresh, smooth and vegetal. You can sense hints of mango in its aftertaste....
A light and crispy green tea. The taste is fresh, grassy and floral with a little bit of astringency at the end. Don't forget it to steep for too long or it will surprise you with a strong kick! Watch...
Sunset Garden is one of the first recipes of green tea that got to our "approved" section. It has stayed there ever since and proved to be a favourite to many. The smell is brothy, even a bit roasted. The...
The green tea made by the next generation, by Hannes' son Marten who has been helping his father at the factory every year now for few weeks during the summertime. This is actually not the first tea that Marten has...
The aroma is fresh and quite floral, you can feel the sweet aroma of butter biscuits and sweet summer flowers. The taste profile is well-balanced, not too much to the green nor to the black side. Though it has quite...
Balancing between green and oolong tea, Lazy Morning is the greenest among our oolong teas. The smell takes you to the fresh and sweet aromas of spring - a lot of lilacs and jasmine. The taste combines a bouquet of...
This oolong has the perfect balance between the silky nature of black tea and the freshness of green tea with some floral hints in it. The slight astringent aftertaste is just the attitude of Miss Ohh Long that she shows...
Red Sunrise has an intense orange colour and the aroma of fresh tobacco. This well-oxidized oolong has the flavour combination of sweet fruits and berries, honey and flowers with some light tannins. Watch what tea master Hannes has to say...
This spring black tea was oxidized for an extended time at a low temperature, without forcing it too much and letting it mature gently which resulted in a taste where you can feel dark chocolate and raw cocoa, also sense...
Evening Lilac has one of the most distinct tastes among our black teas and as the name hints, it will take you to the world of flowers. Both the smell and taste has a full bouquet of lilacs and jasmine....
This is a very lightly oxidized spring black tea. It has a soft and smooth taste where you can feel hints of berries - red currant, raspberries and hibiscus. A fresh and fruity black tea, no sharp edges.This tea reminds us...
The Smooth Jazz's recipe has developed over time together with new jazz tunes. We believe that this year's batches are something really special. We're not really into fancy tea descriptions as they often seem to be unrealistic, but this tea...
Renegade Black is a representative of the classical Georgian black tea – smooth, a bit sweet and fruity, accompanied with just enough tannins at the end. It has enough character to show you the essence of black teas, but it...
A great companion to start the day with! This black tea's captivating smell is toasty, smoky, a bit spicy. You can feel some roasted rye bread, tobacco. The taste is full-bodied, toasty and you can also feel the sweetness of...
Crazy Scientist was born in 2019 when on one busy production day Tomas forgot a small batch of tea into the oxidation machine…Thinking that this tea was going to waste anyway, he did a row of random things with it....
Two years ago we broke our own rules of not making any blends or herbal tea and we made our very first herbal tea - bilberry leaf tea. As we cannot say no to experimenting, we ended up making another herbal...
The owner of the online store www.renegadetea.com (hereinafter referred to as the Service Provider) is OÜ Renegade Tea Artisans (registry code 14365627), located at Lodjapuu tee 8-1, Karla küla, Rae vald, Estonia.
1. Validity of contract of sale, product and price information
- The conditions of sale apply to purchases of goods made via the online store.
- The prices of products are indicated next to the products. All prices are in Euros and with 20% VAT, as the Service provider is VAT liable: EE102069004.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to change the used prices at any time. If a user has placed an order in the online store and has paid for it, then the Service
- Provider is obligated to deliver the products to the Purchaser with the prices valid at the moment the order was placed.
- A fee for shipping is added to the price. Purchases over 40 Euros will be shipped for free worldwide.
- The shipping cost depends on the location of the Purchaser and the shipping method.2. Placing an order
- To order the desired products need to be added to the shopping basket. The Purchaser must fill in all of the required fields (first name, last name, e-mail, phone number, delivery address, postal code) and choose the most suitable shipping method to complete the order. The shipping cost will be then displayed.
- It is possible to pay for the purchases with Paypal or via Maksekeskus with a credit card or through a bank link. It is also possible to pay with a bank transfer. In order to pay with a bank transfer Purchaser must contact Service Provider before hand.
- The contract enters into force when the payable amount is transferred to the bank account of the Service Provider.
- If the Service Provider cannot deliver the ordered goods due to stock running out or for any other reason, the Purchaser will be informed as soon as possible and the money paid (including the shipping cost) will be refunded promptly, but no later than within 14 days of receiving the notification.
- Purchaser agrees to provide current, complete and accurate information (shipping address, contact information etc.) for all purchases made via the online store.3. Shipment
- The Purchaser bears that the shipping cost and the respective price information is displayed next to the shipping method.
- Goods are shipped to the following countries:
- Estonia, Georgia 2-3 business days;
- Finland 3-4 business days;
- Latvia, Lithuania 3-4 business days;
- Countries in the EU 7-10 business days;
- Countries outside the EU 10-20 business days.
- During holidays the shipping times may vary.
- The shipment will be delivered by DHL, Itella SmartPost, DPD or Omniva ( AS Eesti Post) and its relevant partners.
- The relevant shipping choice should be made at the checkout.
- In case of time-sensitive shipments, please contact the Service Provider directly.
- In Exceptional cases, the Service Provider has the right to ship goods within up to 45 calendar days.4. Right of withdrawal
- After receiving the order, the Purchaser has the right to withdraw from the contract made with the Service Provider within 30 calendar days.
- The right of withdrawal does not apply if the Purchaser is a legal person.- To exercise the 30-day right of withdrawal, the Purchaser must not use the ordered goods in any way other than is necessary to ensure the nature, characteristics, and functioning of the goods in the same way it would be allowed to test the goods in an actual store. The goods must also be in the original packaging.
- If the goods have been used for any purpose other than is necessary to ensure the nature, characteristics, and functioning of the goods, or if there are any signs of use or wear and tear, the Service Provider has the right to lower the amount returned in accordance with the decrease in the value of the goods.
- To return the goods, the Purchaser must write to the e-mail address email@example.com within 30 calendar days of receiving the goods.- The Purchaser shall bear the cost of returning the goods, except in cases where the reason for the return lies in the fact that a refundable product does not comply with the order (e.g. a wrong or defective product).
- The Purchaser must return the goods within 30 calendar days from the submission of the letter or submit evidence that the goods have been handed over to the carrier within the aforementioned period.
- Upon receiving the returned goods, the Service Provider shall return all the payments received from the Purchaser based on the contract, but no later than after 14 calendar days. The money is returned to the same account, which was used for paying for the product.
- The Service Provider has the right to refuse to make the refund until the goods being returned are received or until the Purchaser has provided proof of returning the products, whichever occurs first.
- If the Purchaser has clearly chosen a different form of shipment than the cheapest usual form of shipment offered by the online store, the store is not required to compensate the cost exceeding the usual shipping cost.
- The Service Provider has the right to withdraw from the sale and demand that the goods be returned by the Purchaser if the marked price of the goods in the online store is significantly lower than the market price of the goods due to an error.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, re-sellers or distributors.
5. Defective goods
- The Service Provider is responsible for the non-compliance of goods sold to a Purchaser with the terms and conditions of the contract or for deficiencies which already existed at the time of delivery and which occur within two years of delivering the goods to the Purchaser. Within the first six months of delivery, it is assumed that the defect was present at the time of delivery. It is the Service Provider’s responsibility to prove otherwise.
- The Purchaser has the right to turn to the Service Provider within two months of the occurrence of a defect by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Service Provider is not liable for any defects arising after delivering the goods to the Purchaser.- If goods bought from the online store have defects for which the Service Provider is responsible for, the Service Provider will replace the defective goods. If the goods cannot be replaced, the Service Provider shall return to the Purchaser all of the payments involved in the contract of sale.
- The Service Provider will respond to the consumer ́s complaint in a written form or in a form that enables written reproduction within 14 days.
6. Direct Marketing and processing of personal data
- The Service Provider only uses the personal data entered by the Purchaser (including name, phone number, address, e-mail and bank details) for processing the order and sending goods to the purchaser.
- The Service Provider is the controller of personal data of this online store.
- The Service Provider forwards personal data to the transport service provider in order to deliver the goods.- The Service Provider forwards peronal data to Paypal and Maksekeskus in order to make the payment.
- The Service Provider sends newsletters and offers to the Purchaser's e-mail address only if the Purchaser has expressed their wish to receive them by entering their e- mail address on the website and indicating their desire to receive direct mail.
- The Purchaser is able to opt out of offers and newsletters sent to their e-mail address at any time by letting the Service Provider know via e-mail at email@example.com or by following the instructions in an e-mail containing an offer.
7. Settlement of disputes
- All complaints made by Purchaser regarding the Service Provider must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the Purchaser and the Service Provider are not able to settle the dispute by agreement, the Purchaser may contact the Consumer Dispute Committee. The procedural rules can be viewed and a complaint can be submitted on the Consumer Dispute Committee’s webpage. The Consumer Dispute Committee is competent to resolve disputes arising from a contract between the Purchaser and the Service Provider. Resolution of disputes by the Consumer Dispute Committee is free of charge for the Purchaser.
- Purchaser may also turn to the dispute resolution bodies of the European Union.