FAQ about the adoption
1. When do I get my tea?
The teas from your garden will be sent each autumn, in November. If you make a one-year adoption, you will get your teas in November 2022. If you make a three-year adoption, you will get your teas in November 2022, 2023, 2024.
2. How much tea do I get from my plot?
6. Can I renew my adoption?
The minimum size of a tea garden is 20 square meters and it corresponds to 600 g of tea (4x150g). Each additional 150 g of tea adds 5 square meters to your garden. When signing up for the adoption, you can choose how much tea you would like to get.
3. How much is shipping
Shipping is for free worldwide!
4. For how long is the adoption?
There are two options - 1-year and 3-year adoptions. After that, you are able to renew your adoption. There is also a possibility to join the community for 23 years, read more about it from here.
5. Can I cancel the adoption?
Payment plans with a single payment can not be cancelled. Also, the 1-year adoption with a payment plan of 6 months can not be cancelled. It is possible to cancel on the following terms:
- 1-year Subscription Service with a payment plan of 6 months - can not be cancelled.
- 3- year Subscription Service with a 30-month payment plan - can be cancelled after 10 successful payments. If the Purchaser cancels after 10 successful payments, the first year shipment will be sent. If the Purchaser cancels after 20 successful payments, the second year shipment will be sent. No refunds will be made.
- 3- year Subscription Service with a yearly payment plan - can be cancelled before the next recurring payment. The first payments will not be refunded.
All monthly plans end at the end of the payment cycle. Other plans will auto-renew at the end of their duration. If you don’t want to renew a subscription then you can cancel it before the renewal date.
7. Where can I see my adoption details?
You can see your adoption details when you log in to your account. You will also receive a link with the adoption confirmation.
8. If I take the monthly payments, when am I charged?
You will be charged on the 15th of every month.
9. If I take the yearly payments, when am I charged?
You will be charged on the same day every year as you made your original order.
10. Why don’t I get a name sign with the 1-year adoption?
We don’t think making a sign for just one year would be reasonable. The waste that is created with the materials later on versus the benefit don’t add up in our view. If you see yourself connected to Renegade Tea Estate for a longer time, then choose the 3-year adoption with a yearly payment plan.
11. Do I need to pay for customs?
You do not need to pay for customs or make any import declarations in the EU countries. We ship everything from Estonia and therefore all the customs procedures have been done already before by us.
If you live in a country outside the EU, then you need to make an import declaration and also pay the relevant taxes that your country’s legislation requires.
12. Can I change my shipping address?
Yes, you can edit your shipping and billing addresses from your account when you log in.
13. Why do you offer only adoptions and not single packages?
We are a small farm with a small team and we can’t do everything. We like to put our focus on growing and producing tea and communicating with our customers. We don’t see a lot of value in just selling tea, bag after bag, with one campaign after another.
We also believe that this way we can work more Earth-Friendly. Producing just as much tea as needed, instead of making a lot and then trying to sell it, creates less waste. Also, packaging tea into bigger packages and having a couple of bigger shipments, instead of sending small parcels every day, helps us to reduce waste.
You can still get single packages from the 2021 season until they last and we will continue to sell different taster sets and gift sets also in the future. See the full selection here.
14. Do you have organic certification?
We are currently in the process of being monitored by a relevant institution (a 3-year process) and we will get the official certification in 2023. Though, our plantations had been abandoned for 30 years before we started working on them, so the tea is as organic as it gets :)
15. Can I visit my garden?
Of course! You are always welcome to visit your garden! Let us know when you are coming ;) For a guided tour around the Estate, let us know a bit earlier and book the time.
16. Can I give the adoption as a gift to someone?
Yes, absolutely! We think it is a great gift! Just leave a comment in the cart view and for the shipping address put the address of the gift receiver.